Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Did A Great Job......


I Did A Great Job….(Aug 21st ,2008)
There is a small slum near my colony.Most of the children who live in this slum don’t go to school.Some of them work in garage,shops or in the home of rich persons.Some of them got admission in the school but due to financial problem or due to careless of their parents,they left the study.They work for sometime and rest of the time they waste their time in just moving here and there.All those children belong to the Scheduled caste and Schedule tribes for whom government has given a lot of facilities and also reservation in all government sector.All we know that there is a huge talent gap among lower class,middle class and higher class of our society…..and I think,education is the key.


As a good citizen of our country,I also take care of my society where I live.Somehow a thought came into my mind that if I can motivate those children for going to school then perhaps in coming future their life style can change.So one day I called three children and asked why they don’t go to school.They told me that their parents don’t care of them.I told them about the different facilities and reservation government is providing to them.I also made them understand that how Education can change their life.All they three agreed for going to school.I told them tomorrow that is on 20th August we will go to meet principal regarding their admission.


Next day I saw that not only three but seven children reached at my home at around 10.30 am.Other four children also wanted to go to school.I reached at the government school with those children at about 11 am.I met to the principal and told him my purpose of going there.Principal was not ready to take their admission due to various reasons.Then I gave my introduction to him and also told him about my maternal uncle Mr. Kanhai and Mr. Suresh who are famous personalities in my city.Principal told me that he has good interaction with them and finally he agreed to take their admission.Principal had to go somewhere so he requested me to come on next day.He also told me that he want to talk to parents of those children so if possible then come with their parents.


Next day ten children reached at my home.other three children also wanted to go to school.I told all the children to come with their parents.But at that time parents of most of the children were not at home.So only two parents came with us.We reached at school at about 11.45 am.Principal told parents that he is giving admission to all the children,but make sure that they don’t absent the class.Principal told the same thing to all the children.All the children promised that they will never absent the class.Some of the children used to study in that school so they didn’t need fresh admission,only their admission was renewed.Other children got fresh admission there.After their admission I said thanks to principal sir and to madam who took their admission.


Out of ten children viz. Shashi, soma, aman, Raja, Tinku, Bachchan, Anup,Monika,Bajrang and Rekha,four children took admission in standard IV,Four took admission in standard II and two took admission in standard I.Among these children raja sings very well and grasp any song very quickly.He is very cute.He took admission in standard I.


What I did gave me a great satisfaction.I consider it as one of my astounding achievement.Perhaps,what I did may not prove to be the oasis in the desert but I am sure that by getting education those children can at least create harmony in their family and society.As an individual if we can enable one other individual to learn,one other individual to participate in this opportunity,we can create a world where through education,we can create equality and create more opportunities for everyone.This may be a way for us to contribute back to the society.


5 comments:

Ranjeet Kr. Vimal said...

tussi great ho....invaluable thing u hv done..keep going :) i wud b very happy if i help u

pausali_s said...

i'm impressed by your awesome social work.i have got to know a completely different side of you.great job.kp it up!!

Anonymous said...

Prakash,I am proud of you for the work that you have done...It seems really that u are making the best use of the time and resources available to u....We need more people like you to bridge the evr widening gap between rich and poor..the prosperous and the deprived...keep it up

Intriguiging Answers said...

Prakash,I am proud of you for the work that you have done...It seems really that u are making the best use of the time and resources available to u....We need more people like you to bridge the evr widening gap between rich and poor..the prosperous and the deprived...keep it up

Mainak Sankar Maiti said...

it was a really nice thing to do..
i hope you will find a way to keep this running when u r not here.....
best of luck !!